High impact polystyrene (also known as HIPS, HIP, HIS, or PS) is a strong and durable plastic material known for exceptional versatility and utility. With its wide range of applications, high impact polystyrene can be molded and shaped into virtually any form, making it a popular choice for manufacturers in industries from electronics to packaging. Its high resistance to impact means it withstands wear and tear well, increasing the lifespan of products made from it.
At Polymershapes, we can fabricate high impact polystyrene sheeting to your exact parameters. Bring us your specifications and product vision, and we’ll make it happen, right here in Southern California. With our team of skilled technicians and advanced machinery, we can meet any design challenge, no matter how complex. We’re committed to delivering quality and precision in every product, ensuring your satisfaction with our high impact polystyrene fabrication services.
Consult a professional about your high impact polystyrene (HIPS) fabrication project. Book a consultation with us at Polymershapes.
The Versatility of HIPS
HIPS is a versatile material that can be used in many different ways. At Polymershapes, we have the facilities to realize these possibilities. No HIPS product is too complex, obscure, or technically demanding for us to tackle. Our experienced staff has worked with countless design scenarios, pushing the limits of what can be achieved with this material. Additionally, we ensure our finished HIPS products adhere to the highest quality standards, maintaining the material’s durability and strength while manifesting your desired design perfectly.
Some of the many uses of the high-impact polystyrene that we’ve delivered to our customers include:
- Point of Purchase (POP) Displays: Due to its formability and durability, HIPS is ideal for creating attractive, sturdy displays that can stand up to heavy traffic in retail environments.
- Food Containers & Reusable Utensils: The material’s food-safe nature and ability to withstand repeated use and cleaning make it a popular choice for creating a variety of containers and utensils for the food industry.
- Paint Components: HIPS is resistant to various chemicals, making it suitable for manufacturing paint components that need to withstand the corrosive properties of paints and solvents.
Thermoformed Machinery Components: With its excellent thermoforming characteristics, high impact polystyrene can be precisely molded into durable, heat-resistant components for various machinery, ensuring long-lasting performance.
The Benefits of HIPS
In addition to its versatility, high impact polystyrene offers several other benefits that make it well-suited to many applications:
- Easily moldable and shapeable, and highly machinable, allowing for a wide variety of thin shapes as well as elaborate 3D shapes. This adaptability makes high impact polystyrene sheeting an ideal choice for intricate designs and precise manufacturing needs.
- Stable and impact-resistant (like the name suggests), meaning it will hold its shape for a long time without deforming, including in the event of sudden heavy loads. This quality adds to the material’s durability, making high impact polystyrene a reliable choice for products that require high resistance to daily wear and tear.
- Offers cost savings compared to many other types of plastics that may be used for similar applications. Therefore, using HIPS can lead to considerable economic efficiencies without compromising on quality or functionality.
Work With a Top High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) Fabrication Company
Polymershapes proudly serves businesses throughout Southern California. We have more than 70 years of experience in the industry and pride ourselves on our competitive prices, quality results, and fast turnaround times once you’ve placed your order.