High impact polystyrene (also known as HIPS, HIP, HIS, or PS) is a strong and durable plastic product that is known for its exceptional versatility and utility.
At Polymershapes we can fabricate HIPS products to your exact parameters. Bring us your specifications and product vision and we’ll make it happen, right here in Southern California.
The Versatility of HIPS
High impact polystyrene is a versatile material that can be used in many different ways. At Polymershapes, we have the facilities to realize these possibilities. No HIPS product is too complex, obscure, or technically demanding for us to tackle.
Some of the many uses of the high impact polystyrene that we’ve delivered to our customers include:
- Point of Purchase (POP) Displays
- Food Containers & Reusable Utensils
- Paint Components
- Thermoformed Machinery Components
The Benefits of HIPS
In addition to its versatility, HIPS offers several other benefits that make it well-suited to many applications:
- Easily moldable and shapeable, and highly machinable, allowing for a wide variety of thin shapes as well as elaborate 3D shapes
- Stable and impact-resistant (like the name suggests), meaning it will hold its shape for a long time without deforming, including in the event of sudden heavy loads
- Offers cost savings compared to many other types of plastics that may be used for similar applications
Let Polymershapes Make It Happen for You
Polymershapes proudly serves businesses throughout Southern California. We have more than 70 years of experience in the industry and pride ourselves on our competitive prices, quality results, and fast turnaround times once you’ve placed your order.