Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is an amorphous plastic, meaning it mixes well with other materials. It’s also a thermoplastic, making it easy to mold and shape through thermoforming. There are three different classifications of PVC based on the range of their continuous use temperatures. You can choose between type I PVC, type II PVC, or industrial CPVC.
When you need an experienced and reliable PVC fabrication company, contact Polymershapes. Our southern California company provides plastic fabrication solutions for businesses throughout Los Angeles, Irvine, and Orange County.
Contact us by visiting our website or calling 1-866-437-7427 to discuss options or request a free quote!
Industries That Rely on CPVC and PVC Fabrication
While PVC is commonly (and rightly) associated with pipes, it’s also commonly used in applications like window frames, cable insulation, roof lining, car seats, safety equipment, and clothing like shoes and boots.
You’ll find industrial PVC and CPVC used by many industries with a variety of common applications. Here’s a closer look at these industries and examples of how they depend on PVC.
- Food and Beverage Industry: PVC is popular in the food and beverage industry to prepare and process items. You’ll also find PVC used to efficiently distribute condiments, sauces, and liquids.
- Chemical Industry: Chemical processing companies rely on PVC pipe fabrication to use die cutters, gaskets, gears, and seals.
- Medical Industry: The medical industry heavily relies on PVC and CPVC for safe and durable packaging, including blood bags and medication containers. Medical companies also rely on PVC or CPVC for catheters, medical gloves, inflatable splints, and overshoes.
- Electrical Industry: Companies in the electrical industry use PVC to create durable enclosures for power grids and electrical boxes, tanks, and thermoformers.
- Construction Industry: PVC and CPVC are often used to construct pipes resistant to underground roots and to reduce water flow resistance. Additionally, PVC is often used for plumbing purposes.